search 1

Custom Search

Thursday, November 4, 2010

NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER GIVE IN!

    Today I had on of those days when I just didn't get any business.  I didn't want to think that I was not going to meet my daily goal but my numbers said otherwise and it was getting close to the time when I would usually call it a day working out in the field.
    I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and today I should have just worked at my desk from home and could have been guaranteed some green. One thing I have learned to do in the past is to pay myself what I know I should have made for my hard work...  So I was ready to put money into my virtual piggy bank as compensation for my day.(got to stay positive) I had 5 minutes left of the time I had set myself for my task at hand.  

   The little voice in my head keep saying "You cant stop, You cant give up and you have to keep going!"  So I listened to that voice and persevered, committed to 1 extra hour.  No later than 20 minutes into my non obligated overtime I got an offer and closed my biggest deal in 2 months.  I was so excited and grateful for my conscience telling me not give up.  If I would have stopped, I would have never got that contract signed and created a new client for years to come.

   This is one of many text book examples where you hear people say; I was about to give up and I would have never gotten that deal, that customer, new recruit, job...  That just goes to show EVERYTHING you do is returned in the fashion you gave it, even when nobodies looking! If you gave it gold, your going to get a gold metal.  If you gave it copper and convinced your peers you gave it gold, your still going to get, yup you guessed it, copper.

No comments:

Post a Comment